Monday, November 17, 2014

A Day in My Life: Sunday

Sunday was another relaxing day.  I got up with Maximus around 7:40 and found Rose and Ella already on the couch watching tv.  Ella took her turn holding Max, while I mixed up some pancake batter.


About 15 pancakes later, everyone was fed so Paul headed out the door to take Rose to PREP while I cleaned up the dishes then went upstairs to put baby to bed and get everyone's church clothes out.  Everyone got themselves dressed (except Max, or course), I got myself ready, did everyone's hair and we headed out the door for 11:00 am mass.


When we got home, everyone ate lunch then Maximus went down for a nap.  Paul sat down to watch a little football, I threw chicken in the crockpot then went through my pictures on the computer and the girls made up a show in the basement.



By 3:00, Paul was tired of sitting so he got up to do some home repairs.  I put the rest of the ingredients for the chili in the crockpot then threw in a load of laundry while Paul ran to Lowes to pick up some paint and to the gym to workout.  Meanwhile, the McCarthy kids came over to play in the basement and I talked to Olivia on the phone and made some pumpkin bread.


The chaos

My cute little man in his denim shirt!

We ate dinner in shifts tonight because Rose and Madeline were taking their sweet time cleaning up their part of the basement and weren't allowed to eat until they were done.  After some of us finished dinner, I called the girls up to my bathroom one by one to trim their hair.  I realized as I was cutting that hair trimming may not be on the top of my list of skills.  They all look ok, especially because it is usually in a ponytail but I got a little carried away with Ava's and it is much shorter than I was going for.  Oh well, what are you going do?


When I finished everyone's hair, we prayed, I read one book then went in the basement to put the baby to bed while catching up on my weekly shows.  Meanwhile Paul painted and watched some football in between coats.  Around 9:15, I put Max in his bed, turned the girls' lights out, heated up some of the leftover brie and brought a basket full of laundry in the basement to fold in front of the tv.  Around 10, I went up to cut Paul's hair, then finished my shows and wrapped up the laundry around 11:00.

And that was my Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment