After the big kids left, the two littles and I snuggled in the rocking chair to watch Mickey Mouse. Max with his bottle of milk and me with my green tea. This is our every day routine and they know it. I love that time with them. After two shows, I fed Ella and Max breakfast then we headed upstairs to get dressed and ready for our day.
Max entertained himself while I got myself ready.
I cleaned up the kitchen and got the carseats put back in the car (we had a rental yesterday), then we headed out with just enough time to fulfill my guilty pregnancy craving...McDonalds sausage mcmuffin (I know...terribly unhealthy, but what baby wants, baby gets :)...before Max's 18 month well-check at 10am. We were in and out pretty quickly and everything looked good and healthy. Couldn't have asked for a better visit.
Mollie did Kindergarten pick up today, so I called her as I was leaving the doctor and since I needed to run to Walmart and so did she, she just brought Madeline to Walmart and we did the kid-tradeoff there.
We got home from Walmart around 11:45. Max fell asleep on the car ride home, so I carried him to bed, unloaded the groceries, then fixed the other two girls lunch. Paul walked in around 12:15 and sat to eat lunch with us. It's always nice to see him in the middle of the day.
After lunch, I sent the girls upstairs for quiet time while I threw a load of laundry in, then finished wrapping the Christmas books with a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie playing in the background. Max woke up a little after 2, so I fed him lunch, then helped Madeline practice her sight words.
At 2:55, we loaded in the van to pick up Rose and Ava from school. We were home by 3:20, when star of the day (Madeline) brought in the mail, and everyone unpacked their backpacks and had a snack. Rose's friend called her, so she chatted for a few minutes before the neighbor girls were knocking at our door. After they cleaned up their snacks, Madeline did her kitchen job, and Rose practiced her spelling words, the girls ran out to play. Left by himself, Max begged for his "ba-ba" (bottle of milk) and pointed to the tv, so I turned on Mickey for him while I made some honey beer bread for dinner and finished cleaning up the kitchen after snack.
The girls came back home from their friend's at 5:30. Rose and Ava started their homework and Madeline and Ella cleaned up their things on the main floor while I finished making dinner.
Paul walked in a little before 6, then we sat down to dinner. After a nice quiet, mannerly meal (ha, ha), the girls did their kitchen jobs, got ready for bed, packed lunches, and finished their homework.
Around 7:45, everyone headed upstairs to read a Thanksgiving book, say evening prayers, and get
in bed. We let them read on their own until 8:30, when I tuck everyone in and sing them a song.
We put Max to bed in a pack in play in our room so Paul could try to finish painting his room. I headed downstairs for an evening snack and to check my emails while catching up on my Wednesday evening shows. Paul joined me around 9:30 and we watched an episode of White Collar before heading to bed around 10:30. We've been better about going to bed at a decent time since I've been pregnant :)
And that is a pretty typical day in the Klinker household. I'm cherishing our pretty laid back evenings right now because before I know it, we will be chauffering our kids around here and there and everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment