Today we didn't have any plans, so I thought it would be fun to do something with the big girls in the afternoon. Rose has been asking to do one of the activities from her Fancy Nancy book ever since she got it for Valentine's Day, so I thought today was the perfect day for it.
I put Ella down for a nap, then transformed our "extra room" as we call it, into a spa. I brought in trees from the other rooms, lots of towels, robes and slippers, eye masks, snacks, nail polish, lotion, and a Fancy Nancy book, so Rose could tell me if I was doing everything exactly right ;)
I made the girls play in the basement until I had everything ready, then called them up to see their 'surprise.' They squealed with delight. They put on their robes and slippers and I wrapped their hair in a towel. They felt so grown up.
They each got a pedicure, then relaxed to music by The Rippingtons while a mask of raw honey moistened their little faces.
It was a half an hour of pure bliss.
When Ella got up from her nap, the girls decided to give her a spa experience of her own. I love that they wanted to include her. They continued to play "spa" for the next hour.
We will definitely have to have another spa day soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment