Thursday, March 28, 2013

Newport Aquarium

Last week we went on a field trip to the Newport Aquarium with our home school group.  We met up at mass, since it was the feast of St. Joseph, then caravaned (is that a word?!) to Cincinnati.  Since the aquarium is right across the river from downtown Cincinnati, Brooke and Julia were able to meet us there.

The baby humpback whale at the entrance

All the Klinker Girls

Julia was not afraid of the big boys...
she jumped right in to help them with their game

Rose being silly with Amelia

Ava and her buddy, Mary Jane

Sweet Julia on the frog

Rose debating on whether she is brave enough to pet a shark

The sharks we were able to pet

Fearless Ava dipped her fingers right in!

I had to pull her away from those sharks!

Madeline standing on the shark scale

I think she started a trend :)

Penguins!

The girls with Chrissy and Mariel

Sweet cousins

So good to see Brooke and Julia

My little Madeline

We saw Dory and Nemo, sharks, some nasty eels (those things gross me out), and plenty more water creatures that make me a little more than nervous about swimming in the ocean!  I wish I would have gotten a picture of the enormous crabs...their bodies were as big as a frisbee and their legs had to be at least 2 feet long...I would not want to meet one of those in person!

We had such a good time with such good families!  We hope to make this an annual thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment